In 1900, the Millville Immanuel Baptist Church was founded. Millville, a sawmill town, was a little more than a year old.
The nearest Baptist church was St. Andrew, which had been founded in April, 1894. Several Millville residents were members of the St. Andrew Baptist Church, but transportation to St. Andrew was difficult and slow with a boat which was more frequently used than a horse and buggy. The town of Millville had become large enough to support a church of its own.
Seeing the need of a church, sixteen dedicated residents of Millville who were members of the St. Andrew church asked for letters of dismission from the church. They met in the Millville school house on August 27, 1900, to organize a Baptist church for Millville.
In April of 1937, the name of the church was changed to Immanuel Baptist Church in order that new people coming to the county with the advent of the Paper Mill would feel that they were welcomed in the church even though they might live in another community of the county.
Five missions were constituted through Immanuel. These were the First Baptist Church of Parker (1943), Springfield Baptist (1943), Cedar Grove Baptist (1955), First Baptist Church of Panama City Beach (1967) and First Baptist, Green Hills, Fountain (1978).